Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Picking Out an Antenna

I had a hell of a time picking out an antenna to work in my apartment.  I live on the ground floor of a ancient apartment building and have never had much luck with many wireless devices.  Until AT&T made some upgrades in my area, my cell phone rarely worked in my apartment.

Knowing that my apartment is goofy, I went out and got an amplified indoor antenna.  I was able to pull in decent signal, but anytime I moved around the apartment my picture would cut in and out (digital interference).

I went back to the store and picked out the following antenna - RCA ANT1400.  It wasn't amplified, but its unique shape helped out with the interference.  I spent some time placing around my living room till I realized it worked best propped up in the window.  I wasn't able to get every channel available in my area, but I was able to get the ones I truly cared about.  I see that they make an amplified model of this antenna, which would probably help me get those other channels.

Normally I like shopping online for the money savings, but when it comes to antennas I really like shopping at the stores.  It is easy to bring one home, try it out, and if you don't have any luck - returning it to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment