Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Current Setup (3/18/2009)

I did it, this morning I called up my cable provider and told them I was no longer interested.

So, I figured now would be a good time to give a run down of my current setup.  I will go in much more detail about each individual component in future posts, today I am give a short example of how they helped me quit cable.  

Home Built PC running Vista Home Premium - This is a year old desktop that I haven't been using much.  I built it for gaming, so it has some horsepower, all I needed to add was a HDTV tuner card so I can record TV.  I am currently using a mix between Windows Media Center and Boxee to get the content I am interested in.

XBOX 360 - Prior to hooking this machine up, I was using my 360 to stream content from my MacBook (using a wonderful program called Connect360).  I will continue using this machine for streaming movies off of Netflix, though Boxee does offer the ability, I am a fan of the XBOX interface (for now).

That is pretty much it for TV content devices, I have them hooked up to my 50" Toshiba DLP HDTV and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment